how to make yummy
Baked Beans and Potato Dish
- For The Baked Beans Mixture 1 cup baked beans
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup a pinch of sugar 1 tsp chilli sauce
- Salt to taste
- 4 cabbage leaves Butter for greasing
- 10 boiled and peeled potato slices
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1cup white sauce
- 2tbsp grated processed cheese
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the baked beans, tomato ketchup, sugar, chilli powder, salt and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- 1.Boil the cabbage leaves in salted water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- 2.Grease a 175 mm. (7") diameter baking dish with butter, arrange the cabbage leaves on it.
- 3.Pour the baked beans mixture over it and spread it evenly.
- 4.Arrange the potato slices over it, sprinkle little salt and pepper over them.
- 5.Finally pour the white sauce over it and sprinkle the cheese.
- 6.Bake in a preheated oven at 200°c (400°F) for 10 to 12 minutes or microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes.